Sent: 5/27/12 6:01 PM
Subject: Daily Journal – 5/27
As agreed, I am trying to condense all the excitement and random musings of the day in one email to reduce the squishiness factor and create harmony. So, here goes (caution, exceeds twenty-five words):
In no particular order-
1) It was a beautiful day! The day started with some trepidation that my boundary forays had resulted in a hot chase by the ICE squad. What a wonderful relief to learn that my green card was still valid and I still have you to bother. Thank you for giving me a second chance without fines, whippings and sundry public floggings. There is a reason why this happened and I think it is a very positive reason. Crazy?
2) Housing – I have some prospects in close proximity to the lake. They appear to be older homes that have been made over. I need to know a) if that area is habitable for you; and b) if that type of housing appeals to you. Will send links if the answer to a) and b) are affirmative.
3) Travel Plans – They are perfect and make me have a very large 🙂 as well as other feelings in various anatomical zones !
4) Trafficking case – My clients are Chinese and may have unwittingly found themselves as pawns in a very large oriental sex trafficking case. I surmise that the FBI has a major interest in what they can contribute to capture the big fish in the operation. From what little I know, the trafficking involves literally more than a thousand victims nationwide. The case should break the news and if I can work my magic, my folks will nail the bastards running the deal and get favorable treatment. Will meet with the FBI for de-briefing on Tuesday and arrange surrender and child custody issues. Yes, the clients have small children so we have to avoid the CPS nightmare. Everyone is walking on eggshells until this gets nailed down. Should be done on Wednesday and present no impediment to your visit. Will update you on Tuesday am. The case came in Friday when I returned from East Texas, so now you know how tired I was.
5) Budgeting – I put the honorarium for last Friday in the trust account, have added $25K for the silver bullet, and with your consent, would like to use this week’s and the SPI rates to add to trust and get me to the $40K level quickly without the need for you to provide any additional funding from your reserves. If this presents a problem, cash flow wise to you, please let me know. I think with the time you so graciously allow me to spend with you, we can get the trust financials boosted and have no problem with the house mortgage. Once we have the mortgage approved, of course, the funding is at your disposal. Please let me know if you have other ideas, I am simply trying to make things look rosy for purchase as well as lease, should you decide to go that way. I will never presume to make money decisions for you without your okay. Your input and blessing are always the driving factors.
6) Movies – Since you told me “Rita” likes action movies, I watched The Shooter today. It is action and edge of seat type story. Will add to Immortal Beloved, Ridicule for the trip but if you want me to include for this week, can do that as well. Plenty of popcorn of course.
7) “Rita” – What do you think would make an acceptable initial consult fee?
8) Project – Did some old fashioned boning up (no pun intended) for my meeting tomorrow. Dusted off my con law books and shazaam!
9) The one who shall remain nameless – sent me another email asking if coming to Houston on Friday would make the possible visit have a better chance. I demurred of course. Sigh! She pointed out that she has a new blog addition, I told her it was well said. Why is this happening? I am trying not to simply tell her to buzz off and be kind. Maybe radio silence would be the best way.
10) Going to a small Beethoven guitar concert for an hour. Will check back if I don’t hear before I leave.
Thank you for just being yourself. There is indeed something magical about unabashed individualism.